As anyone who follows my channel knows, I’m a big fan of the little Yamaha RD125 DX model from the late 1970s. The air cooled twin two stroke shared many of the same parts with its slightly larger RD200 brother.
One of my friends from my early days of motorcycling owned a RD125 DX and it was way cooler and quicker than my Honda CB125T. This example appears to be a real barn find requiring restoration to put back on the road.
Buying and working your barn find Yamaha RD125
These little Yamahas are so easy to work on and you have access to plenty of owners groups and classic parts suppliers to get you back on the road. As with all barn find Yamaha RDs, the prices are always rising and who knows how long we’ll be able to ride these classics on the road before the emissions laws finally turn them into museum exhibits.
If you haven’t tackled a restoration and wan’t a fairly easy bike to work on you can’t get much better than the little Yamaha RD air cooled twins. For more information about the above bike for sale please click the picture or the following link. You may also want to check out our recent article for workshop tools.
- Yamaha AS3 RD125 Two Stroke Twin 1974 (not RD200 RD250 RD400)on October 17, 2020 at 6:13 pm
£2,400.00 (12 bids)End Date: Saturday Oct-24-2020 19:13:17 BSTBid
- Project Barn Find Yamaha RD125 DXon October 14, 2020 at 7:16 pm
£1,190.00 (9 bids)End Date: Saturday Oct-24-2020 20:16:10 BSTBid
- YAMAHA RD125LC YPVS 1GU 1986 – DEPOSIT TAKENon October 12, 2020 at 6:20 pm
£1,750.00 End Date: Monday Nov-09-2020 18:20:34 BSTBuy It Now for only: £1,750.00Buy It Now
- YAMAHA RD125 DX 1E7 AIRCOOLED – TWO BIKES – BARGAINon October 12, 2020 at 6:11 pm
£1,950.00 End Date: Monday Nov-09-2020 18:11:00 BSTBuy It Now for only: £1,950.00Buy It Now
- 1975 Yamaha RD125 RD 125 1842 FREE SHIPPING TO ENGLAND UKon August 13, 2020 at 6:53 pm
£1,700.00 End Date: Friday Nov-13-2020 18:53:18 BSTBuy It Now for only: £1,700.00Buy It Now