Heading west again to Smithers
After a great breakfast at Denny’s it was time to hit the road again to Smithers. The weather is very pleasant, with sun breaking through the trees when I reach the outskirts of Prince George which start to reveal lush green open plains.
The miles flew by quickly, with virtually no traffic and great roads which allowed me to take in the scenery at a good speed. I decided to stop for lunch at Houston, and got chatting to one of the local residents about work and life in the local area. It sounded like a world away from I was used to in the UK, and the opportunity to live and work in an amazing landscape was very tempting.
After bidding farewell to my new friend Brian from Houston, it was time to top-up the bike with petrol and head towards Smithers. I reached my hotel in Smithers during the late afternoon, with plenty of time to enjoy a beer and another great meal. Many of the locals in the bar worked in the lumber industry, and had many stories to tell about the weather and historic locations on the way to Prince Rupert.
- FRANCIS RATTENBURY AND BRITISH COLUMBIA: ARCHITECTURE AND By Barrett – Hardcoveron November 29, 2020 at 4:03 am
£21.49 End Date: Tuesday Dec-29-2020 04:03:29 GMTBuy It Now for only: £21.49Buy It Now
- Brittle Stars, Sea Urchins and Feather Stars of British Columbia, Southeaston November 29, 2020 at 3:23 am
£18.18 End Date: Tuesday Dec-29-2020 03:23:11 GMTBuy It Now for only: £18.18Buy It Now
- Sharks, Skates, Rays and Chimeras of British Columbia by Jackie King.on November 29, 2020 at 3:23 am
£16.89 End Date: Tuesday Dec-29-2020 03:23:10 GMTBuy It Now for only: £16.89Buy It Now
- Shackleton, D: Hoofed Mammals of British Columbia by David Shackleton.on November 29, 2020 at 3:23 am
£17.69 End Date: Tuesday Dec-29-2020 03:23:06 GMTBuy It Now for only: £17.69Buy It Now
- “GUIDING LIGHTS: BRITISH COLUMBIA’S LIGTHHOUSES AND THEIR KEEPERS”on November 28, 2020 at 7:17 pm
£23.99 End Date: Monday Dec-28-2020 19:17:36 GMTBuy It Now for only: £23.99Buy It Now