Hot springs and the road to Napier
After an immersive experience in the New Zealand culture, it was time to hit the road again heading to Napier. The route out of Rotorua provided another opportunity to stop at a cultural visitor area at Te Puia, so I left early to give myself some extra time.
I was treated to an amazing walk around the hot mud pools and lakes, in addition to another traditional display of dancing warrior reenactments. This time I also had the opportunity to attempt the Haka with some fellow visitors, fortunately no video evidence was captured!
The weather today was overcast but still warm enough to avoid the extra layers and waterproofs. The roads today were easy going, with very few twists and turns. I could sit back and relax in to looking at the passing scenery, and the big Suzuki kept singing along.
The miles ticked down towards Taupo, where I stopped for a quick lunch break before continuing south towards Napier.
I reached Napier late in the afternoon, just in time to watch the sun going down over the sea whilst enjoying a bag of chips and a coffee.
Another wonderful day travelling in New Zealand, the gift that keeps on giving!
- City Maps Napier New Zealand, Paperback by Mcfee, James, Brand New, Free ship…on September 28, 2020 at 6:01 pm
£19.96 End Date: Wednesday Oct-28-2020 18:01:19 BSTBuy It Now for only: £19.96Buy It Now
- City Maps Napier New Zealand, Paperback by Mcfee, James, Like New Used, Free …on September 18, 2020 at 8:42 am
£19.96 End Date: Sunday Oct-18-2020 09:42:52 BSTBuy It Now for only: £19.96Buy It Now
- City Maps Napier New Zealand, Paperback by Mcfee, James, Brand New, Free ship…on August 19, 2020 at 3:51 am
£13.84 End Date: Monday Oct-19-2020 04:51:32 BSTBuy It Now for only: £13.84Buy It Now
- City Maps Napier New Zealand, Paperback by Mcfee, James, Like New Used, Free …on August 19, 2020 at 3:21 am
£13.83 End Date: Monday Oct-19-2020 04:21:13 BSTBuy It Now for only: £13.83Buy It Now
- Napier’s Famous Art Deco Walk, Art Deco Trust, Napier, New Zealandon November 14, 2019 at 9:26 am
£4.00 End Date: Wednesday Oct-14-2020 10:26:18 BSTBuy It Now for only: £4.00Buy It Now