Final destination on the north island – Wellington
After a hearty breakfast, I check out early from my hotel in Napier and start my journey towards Wellington. The weather was slightly overcast, but still warm enough to avoid extra layers under the jacket.
I would to have loved to stay another day in Napier, the view of the ocean in the morning was amazing, and the fresh sea air was very welcome.
The route today takes me back inland towards Levin, then following the coast to Paremata and finally Wellington.
The weather started to turn colder the further I rode south, with some rain showers before I reached my hotel in Wellington. Tomorrow will be an early start to catch the ferry from Wellington to Picton, starting my second leg of the road trip on the south island!
As the sun sets over Wellington I find a local bar to soak up the atmosphere and enjoy a cold beer. I found it hard to believe that time on the north island was almost at an end, where has the time gone?
- New Zealand: 101 Coolest Things to Do in New Zealand (Auckland, Wellington, Canton September 25, 2020 at 12:03 pm
£11.46 End Date: Sunday Oct-25-2020 12:03:03 BSTBuy It Now for only: £11.46Buy It Now
- The Way We Were: Pictorial Memories of Early New Zealand – Wellingtonon September 22, 2020 at 3:02 am
£19.00 End Date: Thursday Oct-22-2020 04:02:10 BSTBuy It Now for only: £19.00Buy It Now
- Greater Than a Tourist- Wellington North Island New Zealand: 50 Travel Tips f…on September 20, 2020 at 7:52 pm
£21.54 End Date: Tuesday Oct-20-2020 20:52:33 BSTBuy It Now for only: £21.54Buy It Now
- City Maps Wellington New Zealand, Paperback by Mcfee, James, Brand New, Free …on September 18, 2020 at 6:33 pm
£23.29 End Date: Sunday Oct-18-2020 19:33:31 BSTBuy It Now for only: £23.29Buy It Now
- City Maps Wellington New Zealand, Paperback by Mcfee, James, Like New Used, F…on September 17, 2020 at 1:27 pm
£52.23 End Date: Saturday Oct-17-2020 14:27:42 BSTBuy It Now for only: £52.23Buy It Now