The last couple of projects in the garage involved having to remove very corroded exhaust manifold bolts within a tight space. In both situations I needed to remove exhaust bolts which had badly corroded allen heads, primarily due to zinc plating failing and water being trapped (the bikes get used in all weathers).
Over the years I have tried many methods to remove bolts from saturating in penetrating fluid, mole grips, heat gun, gator grip and so on. The method that I find works the best for me at the moment is using an old socket and hammering over the corroded bolt head, and gently rotating bolt until loose.
I good coating of penetrating oil can also help things along if you leave it overnight before making your attempt. My video shows the process I’ve used on both of my first generation Suzuki GSXRs over the past few months. I hope you find it helpful!
- Car Bike Penetrating Oil Long Lasting Lubrica Removes Rust 3 In 1 Aerosol 250mlon September 30, 2020 at 8:55 am
£5.16 End Date: Friday Oct-30-2020 08:55:35 BSTBuy It Now for only: £5.16Buy It Now
- Penetrating Oil Spray, Valma multi Spray 400mlon September 29, 2020 at 9:54 am
£2.59 End Date: Sunday Oct-04-2020 10:54:17 BSTBuy It Now for only: £2.59Buy It Now
- Sealey Graphited Penetrating Oil Lubricant 500ml-SCS022Son September 28, 2020 at 2:51 pm
£4.73 End Date: Wednesday Oct-28-2020 14:51:49 BSTBuy It Now for only: £4.73Buy It Now
- 4x200ml Original MANNOL M-40 Lubricant Röstlöster Penetrating Oilon September 27, 2020 at 12:49 pm
£24.28 End Date: Tuesday Oct-27-2020 12:49:37 BSTBuy It Now for only: £24.28Buy It Now
- 5x100ml Original MANNOL M-40 Lubricant Röstlöster Penetrating Oilon September 27, 2020 at 8:48 am
£24.75 End Date: Tuesday Oct-27-2020 08:48:13 BSTBuy It Now for only: £24.75Buy It Now