This 1978 Yamaha RD 250 has been partially restored and now ready for a new owner to complete and enjoy. The two stroke Yamaha RD range have a cult following amongst motorcyclists due to the wild antics of the 1970s and 1980s, which often involve tuning and wheelies.
Ready for renovation and new owner
Most of the Yamaha RD 250 auction listing you see online are either complete basket cases or already restored examples which fetch high prices. This example provides a great base for restoration with much of the chassis work completed and the next major step being the engine and carburettors.
If you are not a competent motorcycle engineer there are plenty of specialists who’ll be able to restore and service the engine for you. The Yamaha two stroke engine is very simple, however many have suffered at the hands of amateur tuners which resulted bodged repairs. If you have the capacity to fully rebuild the engine this is highly recommended before reinstalling within the frame.
Suitable workshop and tools
If you are new to motorcycle restoration you want to consider organising your garage or workshop to make your restoration more organised and easier by using the correct tools. We’ve recently published an article which highlights some useful workshop tools which we’ve accumulated over the years.
- Yamaha RD250B 1975 UK registered good condition unrestored matching numberson January 22, 2021 at 11:35 pm
£3,995.00 End Date: Friday Feb-19-2021 23:35:17 GMTBuy It Now for only: £3,995.00Buy It Now
- yamaha rd 250 e or f exaustson January 19, 2021 at 8:15 pm
£122.00 (9 bids)End Date: Tuesday Jan-26-2021 20:15:14 GMTBid
- YAMAHA RD250A RD 250 A CLASSIC BIKE MOT EXEMPT 1974 MODELon January 19, 2021 at 6:29 am
£4,990.00 End Date: Friday Feb-19-2021 06:29:06 GMTBuy It Now for only: £4,990.00Buy It Now
- YAMAHA RD250 1975 MATCHING NUMBERS ********DEPOSIT TAKEN *************on January 18, 2021 at 9:06 am
£2,995.00 End Date: Monday Feb-15-2021 09:06:51 GMTBuy It Now for only: £2,995.00Buy It Now
- YAMAHA DT 125 AT1 TRAIL MINTER! + ELEC START! £4995 ONO PX RD FS1E 250 400on January 13, 2021 at 7:36 pm
£4,995.00 End Date: Saturday Feb-13-2021 19:36:23 GMTBuy It Now for only: £4,995.00Buy It Now