This 1978 Yamaha RD 250 has been partially restored and now ready for a new owner to complete and enjoy. The two stroke Yamaha RD range have a cult following amongst motorcyclists due to the wild antics of the 1970s and 1980s, which often involve tuning and wheelies.
Ready for renovation and new owner
Most of the Yamaha RD 250 auction listing you see online are either complete basket cases or already restored examples which fetch high prices. This example provides a great base for restoration with much of the chassis work completed and the next major step being the engine and carburettors.
If you are not a competent motorcycle engineer there are plenty of specialists who’ll be able to restore and service the engine for you. The Yamaha two stroke engine is very simple, however many have suffered at the hands of amateur tuners which resulted bodged repairs. If you have the capacity to fully rebuild the engine this is highly recommended before reinstalling within the frame.
Suitable workshop and tools
If you are new to motorcycle restoration you want to consider organising your garage or workshop to make your restoration more organised and easier by using the correct tools. We’ve recently published an article which highlights some useful workshop tools which we’ve accumulated over the years.
- 1979 YAMAHA RD250 SUPERB EXAMPLE 19K MILES PART EXCHANGE & NATIONWIDE DELIVERYon October 23, 2020 at 8:33 pm
£4,850.00 End Date: Friday Nov-20-2020 20:33:15 BSTBuy It Now for only: £4,850.00Buy It Now
- 1975 YAMAHA RD250B RD250 B * JUST 3,190 MILES * AMERICAN IMPORT * UK REGISTEREDon October 23, 2020 at 7:32 pm
£3,995.00 End Date: Monday Nov-23-2020 19:32:47 BSTBuy It Now for only: £3,995.00Buy It Now
- Yamaha RD250on October 23, 2020 at 10:18 am
£1,550.00 (16 bids)End Date: Friday Oct-30-2020 10:18:45 BSTBid
- Yamaha RD 400 hybrid 250on October 23, 2020 at 7:10 am
£1,430.00 (21 bids)End Date: Friday Oct-30-2020 07:10:07 BSTBid
- YAMAHA RD350LC/RGV HYBRID ROLLING CHASSIS PROJECT – UK REGISTERED 4L1 250 FRAMEon October 22, 2020 at 9:40 pm
£1,600.00 (25 bids)End Date: Sunday Nov-01-2020 21:40:43 BSTBid